Following internal structural changes, A2 Corporation chief executive Scott Pannell has accepted a redundancy offer from the company.
The company, which owns and licenses technology to identify milk with the A2 beta casein protein which it claims has health benefits, recently bought the remaining 50% of A2 Dairy Products in Australia.
As part of the conditions alongside the acquisition was the appointment of Geoffrey Babidge as A2 Corporation’s managing director.
In a statement today, the company said Mr Babidge’s appointment would have meant a significant change to Mr Pannell’s role.
Mr Babidge was previously chairman of A2 Dairy Products.
A2 Corporation chairman Cliff Cook said it was disappointing Mr Pannell chose to leave.
He said Mr Pannell played an important role in the acquisition of A2 Dairy Products and had done an excellent job with a particular focus the company’s cost structure.
Mr Pannell has said he will explore opportunities in Australia within the fast moving consumer goods market.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Pumpkin Patch loss widens 71% as sales slide, debt mounts
- New Crimson capital values founder Jamie Beaton's stake at $73m
- Equity crowdfunding site folds in market shake-up
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise in global rally, index led by Orion Health, Fisher & Paykel
- Brown lauds family and Maori in valedictory speech
Most listened to
- Taryn Hamilton on why you need 1 gig UFB
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news