Following internal structural changes, A2 Corporation chief executive Scott Pannell has accepted a redundancy offer from the company.
The company, which owns and licenses technology to identify milk with the A2 beta casein protein which it claims has health benefits, recently bought the remaining 50% of A2 Dairy Products in Australia.
As part of the conditions alongside the acquisition was the appointment of Geoffrey Babidge as A2 Corporation’s managing director.
In a statement today, the company said Mr Babidge’s appointment would have meant a significant change to Mr Pannell’s role.
Mr Babidge was previously chairman of A2 Dairy Products.
A2 Corporation chairman Cliff Cook said it was disappointing Mr Pannell chose to leave.
He said Mr Pannell played an important role in the acquisition of A2 Dairy Products and had done an excellent job with a particular focus the company’s cost structure.
Mr Pannell has said he will explore opportunities in Australia within the fast moving consumer goods market.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Zero Emission Vehicle's Andrew Rushworth says his company may have been naïve
- FMA markets oversight director Garth Stanish tells NBR improvements in professional scepticism are particularly needed
- Snakk Media chief executive Mark Ryan wonders how to "move the needle" on Snakk's share price
- Westpac’s David Norman: a big job to be done but lifting Auckland’s building rate is achievable
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves