Ambitions to move to the NZX main board may become a reality for A2 Corporation as they plan to expand further into the international dairy industry.
A2 Corporation (A2C) has put up a proposal to change its constitution in an attempt to move the company from the second board to the NZX main board.
Geoff Babidge, managing director and chief executive officer of A2C, told NBR that upon approval of the constitutional changes the board would be able to implement a move to the main board.
“In effect, when the shareholders approve the change in constitution, then the board is authorised to be able to move to the main board, at its own volition.”
After expanding into Australia and recently establishing a joint venture with UK based company Robert Wiseman Dairies, A2 Corp has also begun identifying distributors in Asia to further distribute the A2 infant formula, focusing on China in particular.
“It’s a project we’ve been working on internally over the last nine months, progressively identifying parties to manufacture the product in New Zealand, and engaging with a number of qualified distributors in China to distribute the product,” says Mr Babidge.
“There is a significant opportunity for market growth and we see that as an attractive market to introduce the benefit of the A2 formula.”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring David Skilling, Bernard Hickey, more
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson