A2 Corporation made an unaudited post-tax loss of $717,172 in the six months to December 31 from a loss of $1.99 million in the corresponding period last year.
The NZAX-listed company said its operational loss of $566,476 was better than the $691,000 loss expected in the company's budget and the $1.89 million loss in the corresponding period last year.
The company said it was repositioning itself as a fast-moving consumer goods business rather than as an intellectual property company.
Research suggests that drinking milk containing only A2 beta casein may reduce the risk of several health conditions.
The company tests cows to ensure their milk contains only A2 beta casein and collects their milk separately.
A joint venture, A2 Dairy Products Australia Pty continues to grow fresh milk sales in line with expectations. A2 fresh milk is now available in all Australian states after the recent launch into Tasmania.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZ auditors still struggling to meet standards
- NBR Radio head-to-head: Fed Farmers and SAFE on abused bobby calves
- Tourism and migration boost business confidence to six-month high
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares mixed as Xero, Orion fall, F&P gains on earnings outlook
- Upcoming UFB events leave RSP Full Flavour with bitter taste
Most listened to
- Who are the winners and losers in Labour's re-shuffle? Rob Hosking explains
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves
- Full Flavour managing director Jesse Archer says Ultra Fast Fibre gave him the "two fingered salute"
- Sally Lindsay and Chris Hutching talk about the latest in property news in Property Talk
- Keep Our Assets Murray Horton on Christchurch Council asset sales