A2 Corporation made an unaudited post-tax loss of $717,172 in the six months to December 31 from a loss of $1.99 million in the corresponding period last year.
The NZAX-listed company said its operational loss of $566,476 was better than the $691,000 loss expected in the company's budget and the $1.89 million loss in the corresponding period last year.
The company said it was repositioning itself as a fast-moving consumer goods business rather than as an intellectual property company.
Research suggests that drinking milk containing only A2 beta casein may reduce the risk of several health conditions.
The company tests cows to ensure their milk contains only A2 beta casein and collects their milk separately.
A joint venture, A2 Dairy Products Australia Pty continues to grow fresh milk sales in line with expectations. A2 fresh milk is now available in all Australian states after the recent launch into Tasmania.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was: Has everyone gone tax mad?
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport