A2 Corporation made an unaudited post-tax loss of $717,172 in the six months to December 31 from a loss of $1.99 million in the corresponding period last year.
The NZAX-listed company said its operational loss of $566,476 was better than the $691,000 loss expected in the company's budget and the $1.89 million loss in the corresponding period last year.
The company said it was repositioning itself as a fast-moving consumer goods business rather than as an intellectual property company.
Research suggests that drinking milk containing only A2 beta casein may reduce the risk of several health conditions.
The company tests cows to ensure their milk contains only A2 beta casein and collects their milk separately.
A joint venture, A2 Dairy Products Australia Pty continues to grow fresh milk sales in line with expectations. A2 fresh milk is now available in all Australian states after the recent launch into Tasmania.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Boris Johnson won't run for PM: how the race shapes up now
- Equity crowdfunding progress sluggish for most licensed platforms
- While you were sleeping: UPDATED BoE's Carney signals stimulus as Boris drops out
- Queenstown real estate drives $28m gain for PGC fund
- Liquidated infant formula firm’s brand disputed by a2 Milk
Most listened to
- Commerce Commission chief lawyer David Blacktop on competition law changes he'd like to see
- ASB's Nick Tuffley on the latest 'astounding' housing credit figures
- Developers of industrial property have upped the ante. Colliers International's Chris Dibble explains why
- Marlborough Wine Estates CEO Catherine Ma explains why the Chinese-owned company listed on the NXT
- NBR technology editor Chris Keall on hitting 4000 member subscribers