I don’t think the question anymore is whether Tony Abbott has lost the next election, and the Coalition will be a one term government.
I think the question is now how many terms in opposition will they have?
The only way they might recover is a change in leader.
The trouble is Joe Hockey is equally damaged and most of the caucus hate Malcolm Turnbull (but the public love him).
Could Turnbull end up Prime Minister?
Let’s see how bad the polls go in the next six months.
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Speculation over Hilary Barry's next move
- Facebook exec on info requests from NZ govt agencies: the numbers, and the criteria for forking over your data
- Concession on fees sees ANZ first onboard for Apple Pay
- Latest polls support Peters’ prime ministerial ambitions
- EPL options narrow: Sky, beIN or nothing
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was: Has everyone gone tax mad?
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport