Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
An effective tax cut for workers and businesses applies from today with a reduction in ACC levies.
ACC Minister Judith Collins says it amounts to $387 million total saving and is a result of the scheme’s “excellent performance” over the past few years.
“It marks the 40th birthday of the Accident Compensation scheme and it’s great that New Zealanders will be celebrating by keeping more money in their pockets,” she says.
The average household will be just over $200 better off each year from today, while small businesses will gain around $180 in saving. Larger employers will receive, on average, a $6000 reduction.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Craig Norgate, former Fonterra CEO, dies in UK
- Pacific Edge rights offer mopped up by institutions, says underwriter
- Court says building a business isn't part of running a business
- Old council HQ in line for a multi-million dollar conversion
- Greece's near 200 years of financial failure, political instability