An effective tax cut for workers and businesses applies from today with a reduction in ACC levies.
ACC Minister Judith Collins says it amounts to $387 million total saving and is a result of the scheme’s “excellent performance” over the past few years.
“It marks the 40th birthday of the Accident Compensation scheme and it’s great that New Zealanders will be celebrating by keeping more money in their pockets,” she says.
The average household will be just over $200 better off each year from today, while small businesses will gain around $180 in saving. Larger employers will receive, on average, a $6000 reduction.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 22: Next Foundation chief executive Bill Kermode
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “Trevor Mallard better watch out” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide on government spending
- Michael Coote thinks Donald Trump wants to flex his muscles by humiliatingly screwing over other countries