An effective tax cut for workers and businesses applies from today with a reduction in ACC levies.
ACC Minister Judith Collins says it amounts to $387 million total saving and is a result of the scheme’s “excellent performance” over the past few years.
“It marks the 40th birthday of the Accident Compensation scheme and it’s great that New Zealanders will be celebrating by keeping more money in their pockets,” she says.
The average household will be just over $200 better off each year from today, while small businesses will gain around $180 in saving. Larger employers will receive, on average, a $6000 reduction.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Prime Minister John Key would be better off doing the things he tells people he will do, says Matthew Hooton
- Paula Bennett is “thrilled” by the ban on three Wicked Camper vans, says Rodney Hide
- Michael Wigley says Uber may have inadvertently opened itself to action under competition law
- Tim Hunter on the Z Energy-Chevron deal