An effective tax cut for workers and businesses applies from today with a reduction in ACC levies.
ACC Minister Judith Collins says it amounts to $387 million total saving and is a result of the scheme’s “excellent performance” over the past few years.
“It marks the 40th birthday of the Accident Compensation scheme and it’s great that New Zealanders will be celebrating by keeping more money in their pockets,” she says.
The average household will be just over $200 better off each year from today, while small businesses will gain around $180 in saving. Larger employers will receive, on average, a $6000 reduction.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the state of the British Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn
- Rodney Hide on the Ombudsman’s investigation into SSC conduct of MFAT leaks inquiry
- David Cohen on how to walk out of a TV interview
- Imperial Tobacco lobbyist insists NZ visit about “contributing expertise,” not pressuring government on plain packaging law