Air New Zealand will operate a second return Boeing 747 service between Auckland and Christchurch this afternoon to meet the needs of family, friends and emergency services caught up in yesterday's devastating quake.
The airline will also operate a special Airbus A320 service this afternoon from Wellington to Christchurch.
Chief executive Rob Fyfe and members of the airline's emergency response team arrived in Christchurch early yesterday evening to support to staff and make available any airline's resources required by emergency services.
Adding to compassionate domestic fares for travel to and from Christchurch, Air New Zealand this morning confirmed compassionate international fares for immediate family wishing to travel to or from Christchurch. These fares are available for immediate family, and can be booked via the Air New Zealand Call Centre.
Fares are as follows:All Tasman and Pacific Island fares, NZD50 one way (plus tax) All long haul fares, NZD400 one way (plus tax).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- Fraser Whineray talks Mercury's rebrand, electric vehicles and competition
- Stephen Jacobi on how US failure on the TPP would benefit China
- NBR’s Rob Hosking on the National linked the Kiwi identity to pest control