Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Air New Zealand has received government approval to codeshare with Etihad Airways, the national airline for United Arab Emirates, a press release from the airline announced today.
A codeshare agreement is where two airlines agree to share the same flight. The new agreement means Etihad Airways will code share on Air NZ's transtasman and domestic services, and Air NZ will code share on Etihad's services between Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Abu Dhabi, and between Abu Dhabi and Heathrow.
The code share will also integrate the airlines' loyalty programmes, Air NZ's Airpoints and Etihad's Guest. This means customers can earn and spend on each other's flights.
The new services will be for sale from April 14 and for travel from April 18.
Air New Zealand code share on Etihad Airways
· 11 return flights per week between Sydney and Abu Dhabi
· 3 return flights per week between Brisbane and Abu Dhabi
· 7 return flights per week between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi
· 3 return flights per day between Abu Dhabi and London Heathrow
Etihad Airways code share on Air New Zealand
· Domestic services between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown
· Trans-Tasman services between Sydney and Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Rotorua and Queenstown
· Trans-Tasman services between Brisbane and Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington
· Trans-Tasman services from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch to Melbourne