Air New Zealand [NZX: AIR] the national carrier, has appointed an international corporate travel services expert, Linda Jenkinson, to its board, replacing Jim Fox who plans to retire in August.
Jenkinson, who lives in San Francisco and Sydney, will officially join the airline's board on June 1, the company said in a statement. She chairs LesConcierges, a San Francisco-based global concierge services provider.
Les Concierge's website says it runs a global business tied to customer loyalty programmes and "VIP lifestyle" product offerings, including wine, corporate and personal gifting, art, car hire and limousine, nightclubs, retail and golf.
"We are looking forward to working with Linda once she joins our board,” chair Tony Carter said. “She has a significant amount of international business experience, which will be a great addition to the Air New Zealand board.”
Jenkinson is one of two women on the seven member board, with Jan Dawson serving as deputy chair.
Fox will retire from the board on Aug. 1, ending an eight-year stint with Air NZ.
The shares rose 1.2 percent to $2.195 today, and have climbed 32 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Cameron Officer talks about the car of the week - Volkswagen California Ocean