Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Christchurch International Airport claims a Commerce Commission report endorses its approach to price setting.
“The just released final report indicates the commission is comfortable with Christchurch Airport’s current prices and the way the company is targeting stable long-term prices,” according to Christchurch Airport chief executive Malcolm Johns.
But the Commerce Commission was critical of the price setting.
"Information disclosure regulation appears to have had little influence on Christchurch Airport’s conduct or performance,” Commerce Commission deputy chairwoman Sue Begg says.
Christchurch Airport’s Mr Johns thinks the report demonstrates the pricing regime is working well.
He says the commission’s process, the first under this new structure, has provided important clarifications and insights into how Christchurch Airport will consider future aeronautical price resets and disclosures.
“We’re pleased our overall pricing approach has been endorsed by the commission,” Mr Johns says.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: NZX 50 rises to a record, Genesis, PFI gain, Xero falls
- Dreaming A New City: Optimistic for Christchurch long term, pessimistic for short term
- TSB Bank writes off $53.9 mln Solid Energy debt; Fitch affirms A- rating
- Northland: secret poll puts Peters in dead-heat with National
- Car Torque: Mirai made by hand