The hacker collective 'Anonymous' has increased attacks on Israel’s government websites, taking the country's Foreign Ministry website and the municipal website for Tel Aviv (tel-aviv.gov.il) offline.
The group has also launched cyber attacks on more than 600 Israeli businesses websites, it claims via Twitter (where it his using the hashtag #OpIsrael.
The attacks are in retaliation for Israeli military strikes on Hamas in Gaza, the group says.
The Anonymous campaign began Friday NZ time.
Last year, Anonymous threatened to take Internal Affairs' website offline in protest against a (voluntary) filter the department had proposed for ISPs.
Internal Affairs website did go down, but it claimed there was no evidence the outage was caused by a hack attack.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert