Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
The hacker collective 'Anonymous' has increased attacks on Israel’s government websites, taking the country's Foreign Ministry website and the municipal website for Tel Aviv (tel-aviv.gov.il) offline.
The group has also launched cyber attacks on more than 600 Israeli businesses websites, it claims via Twitter (where it his using the hashtag #OpIsrael.
The attacks are in retaliation for Israeli military strikes on Hamas in Gaza, the group says.
The Anonymous campaign began Friday NZ time.
Last year, Anonymous threatened to take Internal Affairs' website offline in protest against a (voluntary) filter the department had proposed for ISPs.
Internal Affairs website did go down, but it claimed there was no evidence the outage was caused by a hack attack.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Indonesia seeks to restore declining trade with NZ
- Goat milk strategy reaps rewards for New Image Group
- Foreign exchange dealer's account a 'risk,' Kiwibank says
- Auckland Transport’s Green Man campaign 'creepy' and 'patronising'
- Three things to look for in the ComCom's Chorus pricing decision tomorrow