The hacker collective 'Anonymous' has increased attacks on Israel’s government websites, taking the country's Foreign Ministry website and the municipal website for Tel Aviv (tel-aviv.gov.il) offline.
The group has also launched cyber attacks on more than 600 Israeli businesses websites, it claims via Twitter (where it his using the hashtag #OpIsrael.
The attacks are in retaliation for Israeli military strikes on Hamas in Gaza, the group says.
The Anonymous campaign began Friday NZ time.
Last year, Anonymous threatened to take Internal Affairs' website offline in protest against a (voluntary) filter the department had proposed for ISPs.
Internal Affairs website did go down, but it claimed there was no evidence the outage was caused by a hack attack.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- “The sky’s the limit”: Sam Snead on the appreciation of single malt whiskies