The Internet Mana Party has had another media blowout, with Hone Harawira stopping an interview and walking off after just one question.
Mr Harawira refused to talk about his party’s U-turn on cannabis and would only take questions on a Te Tai Tokerau candidates’ debate.
He was once one of Parliament’s toughest opponents to cannabis, but Mr Harawira has flip flopped. Mana now wants to see decriminalisation – fitting with the preferred position of Kim Dotcom’s Internet Party.
Looks like $4 million doesn’t just buy you some candidates, but also some policies!
To understand how massive Hone’s u-turn is, consider that in March Hone said he wants to execute legal high sellers.
Also in March, the Herald reports:
Mr Harawira said he did not agree with Mr Dotcom’s policy that marijuana should be decriminalised.
Yet now he does. We knows who calls the shots now.
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert