[UPDATE TelstraClear said at 12.30pm that all customers had been reconnected.]
Hard on the heels of Monday's* outage, which took out service to 13,000 or half of TelstraClear's 26,000 cable customers in Christchurch, the company has been hit by fresh problems in the city.
Around 3000 TelstraClear cable customers are without broadband access and some are without pay-per-view or electronic programming guide (EPG) services for the company's cable TV service.
There is currently no estimated time to fix the problem.
"Our technicians are doing all they can to restore the service ASAP," a spokeswoman told NBR.
The past half year has been a rough time for TelstraClear on the service front, marked by a months-long spat with Geekzone's Mauricio Freitas over the ISP's apparent inability to serve YouTube content to its customers.
TelstraClear eventually admitted it has a problem with its caching set-up, or the way that international content is stored locally for faster access.
* A number of subscribers contacted NBR to say they were without service from Sunday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Trilogy International CEO Angela Buglass on tripling her profit
- Eroad CEO Steven Newman talks about his company's revenue increase
- What do the latest terrorism attacks in Mali and Israel mean? Nathan Smith discusses the latest foreign affairs news
- NZ Windfarms departing director Michael Stiassny speaks out after board exit
- James Mayo talks about SOS Hydration's growth plans after Snowball offer
- Michael Wood on whether he would run in Mt Roskill
- SAFE's Abi Izzard quizzed over protest of a caged hen operation at Pukekohe
- Nevil Gibson talks about Editor's Insight on the planned $US150 million merger between Pfizer and Allergan
- Taupo Beef’s Mike Barton on how to extract sustainable profit from farming
- Will the government lose on RMA reform? Rob Hosking outlines the PM's speech
- How could bookmakers recoup $16 million? Racing Board chief executive John Allen explains
- Nevil Gibson breaks down the latest aviation news