Cash-rich Apple is in talks to take a strategic stake in Twitter, according to a New York Times report.
If it goes ahead, the deal would value the near-revenueless social network at more than $US10 billion – up from a private equity valuation last year of $US8.4 billion.
Neither company would comment.
Twitter is attractive to Apple, which has struggled to gain traction in social networking.
But Twitter, with a reported $US600 million in the bank and multiple suitors, is said to be under no pressure to make a deal.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- “The sky’s the limit”: Sam Snead on the appreciation of single malt whiskies