Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Cash-rich Apple is in talks to take a strategic stake in Twitter, according to a New York Times report.
If it goes ahead, the deal would value the near-revenueless social network at more than $US10 billion – up from a private equity valuation last year of $US8.4 billion.
Neither company would comment.
Twitter is attractive to Apple, which has struggled to gain traction in social networking.
But Twitter, with a reported $US600 million in the bank and multiple suitors, is said to be under no pressure to make a deal.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Open for business: Main Beach Takapuna
- TVNZ first-half profit drops 5% on weaker ad revenue
- MasterCard, Visa pressure sees PayPal stop servicing payments for Mega
- Blue Chip’s Bryers won’t return to New Zealand, court hears
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst