Cash-rich Apple is in talks to take a strategic stake in Twitter, according to a New York Times report.
If it goes ahead, the deal would value the near-revenueless social network at more than $US10 billion – up from a private equity valuation last year of $US8.4 billion.
Neither company would comment.
Twitter is attractive to Apple, which has struggled to gain traction in social networking.
But Twitter, with a reported $US600 million in the bank and multiple suitors, is said to be under no pressure to make a deal.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- National's 10% poll jump isn't believable - but the party's support does seem to be holding up
- Nevil Gibson's Editor's Insight names those most affected by the phase-out of ETS subsidies
- Restaurant Brands' Ted van Arkel explains why the market is tougher in Australia
- Forsyth Barr's Rob Mercer on the New Zealand sharemarket's departure from fundamentals
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson