Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Cash-rich Apple is in talks to take a strategic stake in Twitter, according to a New York Times report.
If it goes ahead, the deal would value the near-revenueless social network at more than $US10 billion – up from a private equity valuation last year of $US8.4 billion.
Neither company would comment.
Twitter is attractive to Apple, which has struggled to gain traction in social networking.
But Twitter, with a reported $US600 million in the bank and multiple suitors, is said to be under no pressure to make a deal.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Reserve Bank to press ahead with plans to carve out property investment lending
- Wool prices hold at elevated levels as volumes decline
- Australian Music: Queensland Symphony Orchestra
- Hellaby Holdings sells packaging division to Coveris for $30m
- OPINION: More than you bargained for: Corporate acquisitions carry a new cyber-threat