Apple says its e-book software has a unique page-turning animation - although the uniqueness isn't immediately obvious from three illustrations used to support the company's filing.
One shows a page beginning to turn, the second the page turning a bit more, and the third the page turning a bit more again.
To the layman, it might look silly.
But to an army of lawyers it will look like another motherlode as Apple swaps smartphone and tablet patent lawsuits in its worldwide fight with Google, Samsung and others in the Android camp.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Commerce Commission chief lawyer David Blacktop on competition law changes he'd like to see
- ASB's Nick Tuffley on the latest 'astounding' housing credit figures
- Developers of industrial property have upped the ante. Colliers International's Chris Dibble explains why
- Marlborough Wine Estates CEO Catherine Ma explains why the Chinese-owned company listed on the NXT
- NBR technology editor Chris Keall on hitting 4000 member subscribers