Apple says its e-book software has a unique page-turning animation - although the uniqueness isn't immediately obvious from three illustrations used to support the company's filing.
One shows a page beginning to turn, the second the page turning a bit more, and the third the page turning a bit more again.
To the layman, it might look silly.
But to an army of lawyers it will look like another motherlode as Apple swaps smartphone and tablet patent lawsuits in its worldwide fight with Google, Samsung and others in the Android camp.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- Tim Hunter talks about the legal dispute between Pyne Gould Corporation and Bath Street Capital