Apple says it is replacing a “very small percentage” of iPhone 5 units that suddenly experience short battery life or need to be recharged too frequently.
The phones were sold between September 2012 and January 2013.
Apple will replace the battery free on affected phones as long as the phone doesn’t have other damage, like a cracked screen.
To find out if your phone is eligible, enter its serial number here.
The programme is open to US and China residents now, and will be available in other countries beginning August. 29.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the state of the British Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn
- Rodney Hide on the Ombudsman’s investigation into SSC conduct of MFAT leaks inquiry
- David Cohen on how to walk out of a TV interview
- Imperial Tobacco lobbyist insists NZ visit about “contributing expertise,” not pressuring government on plain packaging law