Apple says it is replacing a “very small percentage” of iPhone 5 units that suddenly experience short battery life or need to be recharged too frequently.
The phones were sold between September 2012 and January 2013.
Apple will replace the battery free on affected phones as long as the phone doesn’t have other damage, like a cracked screen.
To find out if your phone is eligible, enter its serial number here.
The programme is open to US and China residents now, and will be available in other countries beginning August. 29.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- 9 Spokes CEO Mark Estall on his company's progress since listing.
- BusinessNZ CEO Kirk Hope - Upbeat on the economy, but worried about private debt
- SecureCom director Greg Mikklesen on buying Atmospheric
- Balkan borders and Kashmir killings on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- Ironically, Trump showed the lack of stamina he had accused Clinton of, says NBR's Rob Hosking