Apple says it is replacing a “very small percentage” of iPhone 5 units that suddenly experience short battery life or need to be recharged too frequently.
The phones were sold between September 2012 and January 2013.
Apple will replace the battery free on affected phones as long as the phone doesn’t have other damage, like a cracked screen.
To find out if your phone is eligible, enter its serial number here.
The programme is open to US and China residents now, and will be available in other countries beginning August. 29.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in Kiwisaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert
- Hunter’s Corner: Time for a line in the copyright sand