Auckland's Victoria Park tunnel is open again after an earlier truck crash which blocked all three north-bound lanes.
The NZTA has confirmed the road is now clear and all parts of the motorway have reopened.
Auckland motorists can expect massive delays as a truck crash closes a key part of the city's motorway network.
The truck, which was carrying a shipping container, rolled just before the Victoria Park tunnel about 1pm, blocking all three north-bound lanes.
Traffic is backed up along the Southern motorway for several kilometres.
Two people have been taken to hospital as a result of the crash, according to unconfirmed media reports.
The southern motorway is closed north-bound from Nelson St and police have set up diversions.
North-bound drivers can exit at Nelson St and rejoin the motorway at Fanshawe St, but motorists are being advised to use the northwestern motorway and State Highway 18 instead.
The New Zealand Transport Agency says there will be "widespread congestion" as it will take some time to remove the truck.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- Tim Hunter talks about the legal dispute between Pyne Gould Corporation and Bath Street Capital