Another building firm has hit the dust with the parent company of Auckland-based Mitchell Homes now in liquidation.
Mitchell Homes had projects on the go at Landco’s sprawling 110-ha Stonefields urban village in Mt Wellington and the 14.8-ha Karaka Lakes subdivision.
Owner Brent Mitchell could not be reached for comment but a former staff member confirmed the business is being wound up following the collapse of Pukekohe-based Tribro Construction.
Tribro’s owner Andrew Casey had taken a third share in Mitchell Developments in December but several Tribro companies went into liquidation earlier this month.
Mitchell Builders Trustee Company and Mitchell Developments were placed in liquidation last week. Creditors are understood to be owed around $1 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Marlborough-based wine company lists on the NXT despite OIO hiccup
- Land banking in Auckland is causing the housing crisis: LGNZ
- Z Energy savings from Caltex acquisiton on track
- New lawyers not doing 'much better' than job at McDonald's – report surprises
- Editor's Insight: Med-tech sees future in transforming healthcare
Most listened to
- Marlborough Wine Estates CEO Catherine Ma explains why the Chinese-owned company listed on the NXT
- National list MP Chris Bishop says Phil Twyford's accusation the government has made housing a 'race issue' is hypocritical
- Bond prices have fallen while oil prices have risen - Jason Walls explains why on Walls' Street
- NBR technology editor Chris Keall on hitting 4000 member subscribers
- In his Editor's Insight Nevil Gibson on the future of health information technology and medical devices industry