Another building firm has hit the dust with the parent company of Auckland-based Mitchell Homes now in liquidation.
Mitchell Homes had projects on the go at Landco’s sprawling 110-ha Stonefields urban village in Mt Wellington and the 14.8-ha Karaka Lakes subdivision.
Owner Brent Mitchell could not be reached for comment but a former staff member confirmed the business is being wound up following the collapse of Pukekohe-based Tribro Construction.
Tribro’s owner Andrew Casey had taken a third share in Mitchell Developments in December but several Tribro companies went into liquidation earlier this month.
Mitchell Builders Trustee Company and Mitchell Developments were placed in liquidation last week. Creditors are understood to be owed around $1 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- How might the government best encourage NZ space industry? Helmore Ayers Lawyers consultant lawyer Dr Maria Pozza explains
- Forsyth Barr's Matthew Leach on why he expects Xero to drop from the NZX 10 index
- Education consultant Sharndre Kushor says Crimson Consulting’s new website is the “Netflix for educational achievement”
- Nathan Smith breaks down the latest foreign affairs news
- NZIER's Kirden Lees and Rob Hosking discuss changing how the Reserve Bank targets interest rates