Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Another building firm has hit the dust with the parent company of Auckland-based Mitchell Homes now in liquidation.
Mitchell Homes had projects on the go at Landco’s sprawling 110-ha Stonefields urban village in Mt Wellington and the 14.8-ha Karaka Lakes subdivision.
Owner Brent Mitchell could not be reached for comment but a former staff member confirmed the business is being wound up following the collapse of Pukekohe-based Tribro Construction.
Tribro’s owner Andrew Casey had taken a third share in Mitchell Developments in December but several Tribro companies went into liquidation earlier this month.
Mitchell Builders Trustee Company and Mitchell Developments were placed in liquidation last week. Creditors are understood to be owed around $1 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Have Auckland's house prices turned?
- NZICA/CAANZ refuses to answer NBR's five questions
- Kathmandu board again urges shareholders to reject Briscoe's hostile takeover bid
- New crowdfunder Liftoff fails to fly on first outing with eco-tour business
- Some critics of earthquake strengthening legislation win their arguments