Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Eight-month-old Baby Prince George will join Duke and Duchess of Cambridge William and Kate for their nine days in New Zealand, Kensington Palace has confirmed. The family will then spend a week in Australia.
The royals will visit:
• Wellington (7th April, 9th April, 16th April)
• Blenheim (10th April)
• Auckland (11th April)
• Hamilton and Cambridge (12th April)
• Dunedin (13th April)
• Queenstown (13th April)
• Christchurch (14th April)
While The Duke of Cambridge has visited Australia and NZ several times, The Duchess has yet to travel to either. Specific events will celebrate New Zealand's success in the fields of technology, tourism, sports and the creative arts, the Palace says.
In what is the one-hundredth anniversary of the start of the First World War, The tour will also include several opportunities to recognise the sacrifice of members of the Australian and New Zealand armed forces. Among these, Their Royal Highnesses will attend a ceremony in Blenheim, New Zealand, and the ANZAC Commemorative Service in Canberra, Australia.
Prince William visited Christchurch shortly after the earthquake of February 2011. On this visit, Their Royal Highnesses will witness the city's reconstruction programme and view its plans for the future.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- HBO sends cut-off threat to NZ, Aussie HBO NOW users
- Peter Jackson, Kim Dotcom, Cliff Curtis feature in latest batch of leaked Sony emails
- Treasury at odds with Reserve Bank over CGT
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews former Tony Blair spin doctor Alastair Campbell
- Bluelab Corp to spend growth grant on taking new product to market