Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Barfoot & Thompson sold its highest number of Auckland homes valued at more than $1 million in October – 119 properties.
For the first 10 months of the year the company’s agents sold 763 homes at more than $1 million, 64.4% higher than for the same period last year.
“The only time we have ever sold more than 100 homes for in excess of $1 million in a month previously was at the height of 2007s sales activity, and at that time the average monthly selling price was $564,000,” chief executive officer Wendy Alexander says.
Auckland house sale prices measured by Barfoot & Thompson averaged $618,707 in October.
This is an increase of nearly $33,000, or 5.6%, on September’s average price and 4.4% higher than the previous record price of $592,396, set in August.
October was one of Barfoot & Thompson’s most active selling months ever.
“It was a case of demand far outstripping the number of properties up for sale,” Ms Alexander says.
The 1081 sales achieved by Barfoot & Thompson were up 11.6% its performance in September and up 48.7% on the same month last year.
“At the end of the month we had 3835 properties on our books, our third lowest number in more than a decade,” Ms Alexander says in a prepared statement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OIO judges Dotcom ‘good character’ – despite hacking, insider trading, reckless driving
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews a British foreign fighter
- Key, Aussies at odds with Abbott over time-limit on Iraq mission
- Orion CFO Rodney Hyde to leave after company reports earnings in May