Barfoot & Thompson sold its highest number of Auckland homes valued at more than $1 million in October – 119 properties.
For the first 10 months of the year the company’s agents sold 763 homes at more than $1 million, 64.4% higher than for the same period last year.
“The only time we have ever sold more than 100 homes for in excess of $1 million in a month previously was at the height of 2007s sales activity, and at that time the average monthly selling price was $564,000,” chief executive officer Wendy Alexander says.
Auckland house sale prices measured by Barfoot & Thompson averaged $618,707 in October.
This is an increase of nearly $33,000, or 5.6%, on September’s average price and 4.4% higher than the previous record price of $592,396, set in August.
October was one of Barfoot & Thompson’s most active selling months ever.
“It was a case of demand far outstripping the number of properties up for sale,” Ms Alexander says.
The 1081 sales achieved by Barfoot & Thompson were up 11.6% its performance in September and up 48.7% on the same month last year.
“At the end of the month we had 3835 properties on our books, our third lowest number in more than a decade,” Ms Alexander says in a prepared statement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- Tim Hunter talks about the legal dispute between Pyne Gould Corporation and Bath Street Capital