Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
The Auckland Harbourmaster has issued an exclusion zone notice banning boaties from an area off the southern side of Brown’s Island on Saturday evening.
The no-go area will be the base of a major fireworks show being planned for 10pm by an Auckland businessman to celebrate his 65th birthday.
The ban will ensure boaties will be out of danger of the firing base, which will be detonating scores of rockets, including some from huge 40cm mortars.
(Happy BIrthday, Barry Colman - Editor)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 2degrees narrows loss, reveals new customer number
- Chorus says RMA fix needed as fibre rollout stumbles on shared driveways, multi-unit homes
- Scott Technology lays off 13 staff in favour of temp workers, EPMU says
- Chip technology augurs finer future for fine wool sector
- Global Mode: MyRepublic throws in the towel