The Auckland Harbourmaster has issued an exclusion zone notice banning boaties from an area off the southern side of Brown’s Island on Saturday evening.
The no-go area will be the base of a major fireworks show being planned for 10pm by an Auckland businessman to celebrate his 65th birthday.
The ban will ensure boaties will be out of danger of the firing base, which will be detonating scores of rockets, including some from huge 40cm mortars.
(Happy BIrthday, Barry Colman - Editor)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Hellaby’s oil & gas services business could deliver this year, says new managing director Alan Clarke
- Hamish McNicol talks about Yoghurt Story
- TrueNet's John Butt on internet speeds
- Snakk Media chief executive Mark Ryan wonders how to "move the needle" on Snakk's share price
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves