The Auckland Harbourmaster has issued an exclusion zone notice banning boaties from an area off the southern side of Brown’s Island on Saturday evening.
The no-go area will be the base of a major fireworks show being planned for 10pm by an Auckland businessman to celebrate his 65th birthday.
The ban will ensure boaties will be out of danger of the firing base, which will be detonating scores of rockets, including some from huge 40cm mortars.
(Happy BIrthday, Barry Colman - Editor)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Prime Minister John Key would be better off doing the things he tells people he will do, says Matthew Hooton
- Paula Bennett is “thrilled” by the ban on three Wicked Camper vans, says Rodney Hide
- Michael Wigley says Uber may have inadvertently opened itself to action under competition law
- Tim Hunter on the Z Energy-Chevron deal