Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Southern businessman Jim Boult has been appointed executive director of Hawkins Group.
A couple of weeks ago he resigned as chairman of Christchurch City Council’s City Care because of potential conflict of interest.
The conflict may arise from competing for the same work.
There is also a possibility City Care may be privatised and acquired by a larger infrastructure group.
Hawkins says it is New Zealand’s largest privately owned construction and infrastructure business.
Hawkins group chairman, Arthur Young, says Mr Boult’s skills and experience complement Hawkins existing governance and executive strengths.
“As a tier one national construction business we have been looking for the right person to bolster our South Island presence. He already has a keen understanding of our business having been the former chief executive of Christchurch International Airport during the recent terminal expansion programme for which Hawkins was the lead contractor.”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Huge private New Zealand data cache could go to highest bidder
- NZ's highest paid sportsman? Winston Reid stays with West Ham for £65,000 a week
- New Zealand’s OCR could be as low at 3% in December
- Crowdfunding launch for cystic fibrosis drug developer
- Air NZ bins automatic travel insurance after warning from ComCom