Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Developer Rick Martin’s $65 million Nautilus apartment complex in Orewa is suffering leaks, but the company behind its construction Brookfield Multiplex says it is not from the cladding.
Speaking to NZ Property Investor earlier this week, Brookfield Multiplex managing director Dan Ashby said he is not sure what the exact problem with the building is.
“People seem to be focussing on the cladding but it’s a very common building material that is used all over the country and the world,
“We don’t know [what has caused the leaks] because nobody’s bothered to inform us,” he said.
Property consulting company Prendos, which specialises in assessing leak damage, is investigating the effect and cost of water damage to the building. Part of its report was sent to Brookfield Multiplex managing director Dan Ashby in October 2008.
Mr Ashby said he offered to speak with the body corporate and developer but had had no response.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Dollar heads for 1.7% weekly decline after Reserve Bank rules out rate rises
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change
- Labour below 30% in latest Roy Morgan poll, Nats dip to 45.5%
- Lubricant deal slips away as Commerce Commission nixes merger