Developer Rick Martin’s $65 million Nautilus apartment complex in Orewa is suffering leaks, but the company behind its construction Brookfield Multiplex says it is not from the cladding.
Speaking to NZ Property Investor earlier this week, Brookfield Multiplex managing director Dan Ashby said he is not sure what the exact problem with the building is.
“People seem to be focussing on the cladding but it’s a very common building material that is used all over the country and the world,
“We don’t know [what has caused the leaks] because nobody’s bothered to inform us,” he said.
Property consulting company Prendos, which specialises in assessing leak damage, is investigating the effect and cost of water damage to the building. Part of its report was sent to Brookfield Multiplex managing director Dan Ashby in October 2008.
Mr Ashby said he offered to speak with the body corporate and developer but had had no response.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Google tax: Spark boss Simon Moutter says everything's above board with Southern Cross' use of tax-haven Bermuda
- Diversity advocate Adriana Gascoigne says companies with women on their boards are worth more
- The Brexit Special Edition of Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- In his Editor's Insight Nevil Gibson sees the worst Brexit fears realised
- The Australians doing it better? Chapman Tripp partner Roger Wallis explains