Developer Rick Martin’s $65 million Nautilus apartment complex in Orewa is suffering leaks, but the company behind its construction Brookfield Multiplex says it is not from the cladding.
Speaking to NZ Property Investor earlier this week, Brookfield Multiplex managing director Dan Ashby said he is not sure what the exact problem with the building is.
“People seem to be focussing on the cladding but it’s a very common building material that is used all over the country and the world,
“We don’t know [what has caused the leaks] because nobody’s bothered to inform us,” he said.
Property consulting company Prendos, which specialises in assessing leak damage, is investigating the effect and cost of water damage to the building. Part of its report was sent to Brookfield Multiplex managing director Dan Ashby in October 2008.
Mr Ashby said he offered to speak with the body corporate and developer but had had no response.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Prime Minister John Key would be better off doing the things he tells people he will do, says Matthew Hooton
- Paula Bennett is “thrilled” by the ban on three Wicked Camper vans, says Rodney Hide
- Michael Wigley says Uber may have inadvertently opened itself to action under competition law
- Tim Hunter on the Z Energy-Chevron deal