International container shipping line Maersk says its ships have not been affected by the oil spill at Mt Maunganui’s main beach.
Stricken container ship MV Rena is leaking oil from its stranding on Astrolabe Reef at Mt Maunganui.
A spokesperson for Mearsk, which now makes a greater number of export calls out of the Port of Tauranga, says the oil spill has not affected operations to date.
The Port of Tauranga said it all normal shipping and cargo operations were operating as usual.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- New Crimson capital values founder Jamie Beaton's stake at $73m
- Equity crowdfunding site folds in market shake-up
- Blow by blow: Clinton, Trump fail knockout in first presidential debate
- Goldman Sachs details trading with ‘Ming’
- SecureCom buys Atmospheric, the Microsoft NZ Partner of the Year gone bust
Most listened to
- Taryn Hamilton on why you need 1 gig UFB
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news