International container shipping line Maersk says its ships have not been affected by the oil spill at Mt Maunganui’s main beach.
Stricken container ship MV Rena is leaking oil from its stranding on Astrolabe Reef at Mt Maunganui.
A spokesperson for Mearsk, which now makes a greater number of export calls out of the Port of Tauranga, says the oil spill has not affected operations to date.
The Port of Tauranga said it all normal shipping and cargo operations were operating as usual.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Irish govt supports Apple, challenges EU's order to recoup €13b in 'illegal' tax benefits
- Genius move: Live-stream file-sharing chaos will play into Dotcom’s hands
- Mad Butcher owner flags going concern issue
- Carmel and Hugh Fisher buy palatial clifftop Takapuna home
- Sky TV wrong: We will launch a standalone streaming service, beIN boss says
Most listened to
- No chief of staff leaves one year before an election, says Matthew Hooton
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- NZForex's Alex Hill says the market will be paying more attention to data, than comments from officials
- Timely chief executive Ryan Baker on making an unfashionable profit
- NZ King Salmon CEO Grant Rosewarne on his company's float plans