International container shipping line Maersk says its ships have not been affected by the oil spill at Mt Maunganui’s main beach.
Stricken container ship MV Rena is leaking oil from its stranding on Astrolabe Reef at Mt Maunganui.
A spokesperson for Mearsk, which now makes a greater number of export calls out of the Port of Tauranga, says the oil spill has not affected operations to date.
The Port of Tauranga said it all normal shipping and cargo operations were operating as usual.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Suburban intensification and sprawl outside city boundary - Unitary Plan
- Pushpay director says why he bought $1.8m worth of shares
- TradeGecko 'doing millions in revenue' as ex-Kiwi startup builds customers from Singapore
- Trump’s close financial & political ties with Russia will ultimately hurt him, security expert says
- Punakaiki Fund invests in Taranaki software company
Most listened to
- The Unitary Plan will change the face of Auckland. NBR reporter Sally Lindsay looks at the changes
- Rabobank's newly appointed CEO Daryl Johnson answers seven key questions on this agriculture industry
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson examines new revelations about downing of Flight MH370
- InternetNZ boss's two problems with TPP legislation
- Germany’s terror and Turkish torture on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith