International container shipping line Maersk says its ships have not been affected by the oil spill at Mt Maunganui’s main beach.
Stricken container ship MV Rena is leaking oil from its stranding on Astrolabe Reef at Mt Maunganui.
A spokesperson for Mearsk, which now makes a greater number of export calls out of the Port of Tauranga, says the oil spill has not affected operations to date.
The Port of Tauranga said it all normal shipping and cargo operations were operating as usual.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- How did Sealegs make a profit? David McKee Wright explains
- ‘Organisations that don’t put effort into employee engagement will be the companies of yesterday’ – Kronos' managing director Peter Harte
- In Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says a New Zealander is helping to unlock the potential of Africa’s cities
- Abano CEO Richard Keys on the sped up timetable for selling the audiology stake
- Without cyber rules, business may struggle to fight back warns FireEye chief security strategist Richard Bejtlich