Hitachi subsidary CablePrice has opened its new head office in Lower Hutt.
The company invested approximately $10 million into the 1.3ha site.
The development includes 1600m2 of head office space, a 1750 m2 workshop, 4500m2 of warehousing space and a parts distribution centre. It also has two specialist construction and forestry equipment bays.
CablePrice chief financial officer Pat Ward says the new head office combined the company’s operations, which were previously spread across several sites.
“In a time when many businesses are either downsizing or relocating to other regions, CablePrice is proud to show its continued committed to its customers and the Wellington region.”
The company is anticipating strong growth over the next 12 months as the Christchurch rebuild continues. It recently sold larger crawler cranes to operators in Christchurch.
“CablePrice is an effective barometer for the health of key sectors such as construction and mining and our own recent sales reflect growing confidence in these critical areas of the economy, ” Mr Ward says.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe