A cat has beaten a team of investment professionals and a team of students in a 12-month stock-picking challenge run by UK newspaper The Observer.
Each team invested a notional £5000 in five companies from the FTSE All-Share index, with the opportunity to exchange any stocks every three months.
While the investment professionals brought decades of experience to bear, Orlando selected stocks by throwing his favourite toy mouse on a grid of numbers allocated to different companies.
The result: Orlando finished the year with £5543, several whiskers ahead o the professionals' £5177.
The student team trailed on £4840.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: Stocks rise; Meridian, MRP up ahead of Tiwai Pt decision
- Christchurch officials declare 18,000 properties at threat from sea rise
- Bob Parker takes over reins of stymied development site
- Sometimes controversial property boss leaves Ngai Tahu
- Kim Dotcom turns on Mega – and CEO responds to savaging