A cat has beaten a team of investment professionals and a team of students in a 12-month stock-picking challenge run by UK newspaper The Observer.
Each team invested a notional £5000 in five companies from the FTSE All-Share index, with the opportunity to exchange any stocks every three months.
While the investment professionals brought decades of experience to bear, Orlando selected stocks by throwing his favourite toy mouse on a grid of numbers allocated to different companies.
The result: Orlando finished the year with £5543, several whiskers ahead o the professionals' £5177.
The student team trailed on £4840.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in Kiwisaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert
- Hunter’s Corner: Time for a line in the copyright sand