Chilly water and an overcast Bay of Plenty day shrank the turnout expected for a world skinny dipping record bid.
More than 400 people registered for The Edge radio station's event, but only 299 turned out to run naked into the water at Papamoa.
A Guinness world record is held by 413 people who went skinny dipping in the middle of the Welsh summer in June last year.
The Edge Network’s marketing manager Emily Hancox says the same event was held in Sumner, Christchurch, on Saturday but just 226 people turned out.
She told NBR ONLINE they thought the world record might be a little more obtainable in Tauranga, which has a number of local nudist colonies.
However, there were about 100 onlookers and if they had all taken their clothes off, they would have been closer to the record.
Ms Hancox hopes more people will strip off next year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “Trevor Mallard better watch out” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide on government spending
- Michael Coote thinks Donald Trump wants to flex his muscles by humiliatingly screwing over other countries