Education NZ has appointed Clemenger BBDO, Touch/Cast and OMD for work on its international education ads.
Clemenger BBDO will lead branding, with digital support from Touch/Cast and media buying from OMD.
The account was awarded after a full creative pitch. Seventeen formal submissions were made for the account.
Education NZ general manager of marketing and channel development Kathryn McCarrison says the trio are a team who had “been there and done that” in the key markets for Education NZ.
The government agency's current focus is on China, India and Indonesia. It has targeted to double the value of international students to $5 billion by 2025.
Clemenger BBDO managing director Andrew Holt says the Wellington-based branch had leveraged its Asian connections to win the pitch.
What really won it for the agency were the insights from their Shanghai office into how education was perceived in New Zealand, he says.
An overall “NZ brand story” is being created by Australian agency Principals to aid Education NZ, Tourism NZ and NZ Trade and Enterprise.
Mr Holt says he is unsure how it is going to work, but they will work closely with other partners such as Tourism NZ.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Who are the winners and losers in Labour's re-shuffle? Rob Hosking explains
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves
- Full Flavour managing director Jesse Archer says Ultra Fast Fibre gave him the "two fingered salute"
- Sally Lindsay and Chris Hutching talk about the latest in property news in Property Talk
- Keep Our Assets Michael Horton on Christchurch Council asset sales
- AFT Pharmaceuticals founder Dr Hartley Atkinson talks about why he's going public