Education NZ has appointed Clemenger BBDO, Touch/Cast and OMD for work on its international education ads.
Clemenger BBDO will lead branding, with digital support from Touch/Cast and media buying from OMD.
The account was awarded after a full creative pitch. Seventeen formal submissions were made for the account.
Education NZ general manager of marketing and channel development Kathryn McCarrison says the trio are a team who had “been there and done that” in the key markets for Education NZ.
The government agency's current focus is on China, India and Indonesia. It has targeted to double the value of international students to $5 billion by 2025.
Clemenger BBDO managing director Andrew Holt says the Wellington-based branch had leveraged its Asian connections to win the pitch.
What really won it for the agency were the insights from their Shanghai office into how education was perceived in New Zealand, he says.
An overall “NZ brand story” is being created by Australian agency Principals to aid Education NZ, Tourism NZ and NZ Trade and Enterprise.
Mr Holt says he is unsure how it is going to work, but they will work closely with other partners such as Tourism NZ.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Loss of Premier League rights reveals limit to Spark's on-demand video ambition
- Blame the architects for the building my company is about to destroy
- Smith's latest SHA announcement draws sneers, stinting support
- Rich Lister John Spencer of Caxton paper fame dies
- Auckland house prices have fallen 8.3% since August
Most listened to
- Phil Twyford on why SHAs aren’t a silver bullet for Auckland and Labour’s three point housing plan
- Milford Asset Management's Sam Trethewey with the latest sharemarket news
- First NZ Capital's Chris Green says the housing market may be cooling
- Moody's executives are positive on New Zealand's economy but expect continued depressed dairy prices
- Fitzroy Engineering's Mark Arnold on creating a tropical underwater restaurant