BUSINESSDESK: Colonial Motor Co, which owns Ford Motor and Mazda dealerships, said the second half didn’t pan out quite as badly had it had feared when it posted a 64% surge in first-half earnings in February.
At the time of the bumper first-half result, the company said it “did not expect the result for the next six months to be as good”.
The company today said trading in the second half of the year “has been better than we anticipated when we made this comment”.
The shares last traded at $3.15 and have climbed 21% this year.
The company will announce its full-year results on August 22.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- ForBar analyst Blair Galpin's on Chorus' prospects for Friday, and further ahead
- Speaking from Britain, Rod Drury discusses Xero's progress there with Jenny Ruth
- Nevil Gibson discusses the politics behind the death of Justice Scalia in his latest Editor's Insight
- Matthew Hooton discusses regional investment in his latest column
- Rodney Hide on why he no longer supports James Shaw