Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
BUSINESSDESK: Colonial Motor Co, which owns Ford Motor and Mazda dealerships, said the second half didn’t pan out quite as badly had it had feared when it posted a 64% surge in first-half earnings in February.
At the time of the bumper first-half result, the company said it “did not expect the result for the next six months to be as good”.
The company today said trading in the second half of the year “has been better than we anticipated when we made this comment”.
The shares last traded at $3.15 and have climbed 21% this year.
The company will announce its full-year results on August 22.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- ACT leader bemused by Maurice Williamson approach
- Council accused of 'bully-boy' tactics before tomorrow’s Te Arawa showdown
- Radio NZ confirms job restructures
- RAW DATA: TrueNet April 2015 Broadband Report - Evening Performance down for all TrueNet Tests
- Judge thaws Rob Alloway's fiancée freezing order