Commissioners at the Kaipara District Council have announced that Jill McPherson will take up the position of acting chief executive after the departure of current chief executive, Steve Ruru.
Mr Ruru will leave the council in October to become chief executive at Southland District Council.
The chairman of commissioners, John Robertson, said the commissioners were mindful of the uncertainty created by the possible reorganisation of the Northland councils. This is a matter still before the Local Government Commission.
“We have decided not to begin a recruitment process until this re-organisation question is finally decided,” Mr Robertson said.
“This may be done by Christmas or take until mid-2015. It makes no sense to try to recruit for this important position when there is a possibility that there would not be a job.
“We are fortunate to have a person with the experience and skills of Dr Jill McPherson to fill this position in the meantime. Dr McPherson has been in the senior management team at the Council for more than two years.”
Dr McPherson will take over a council still badly affected by a sewerage scheme funding mess that is still not resolved.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- G3 CEO Mark Brightwell on the mail company's expansion plans
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says the economics and politics of Argentina in the 1950s make interesting parallels with today
- Partners Life founder Naomi Ballantyne tells NBR Radio what Blackstone's investment means for the company's IPO plan
- Capital Economics' Paul Dales is picking the OCR to drop below 2% before the end of the year, on Currency Talk
- Paul Brislen decodes the latest study on cellphones and cancer