Commissioners at the Kaipara District Council have announced that Jill McPherson will take up the position of acting chief executive after the departure of current chief executive, Steve Ruru.
Mr Ruru will leave the council in October to become chief executive at Southland District Council.
The chairman of commissioners, John Robertson, said the commissioners were mindful of the uncertainty created by the possible reorganisation of the Northland councils. This is a matter still before the Local Government Commission.
“We have decided not to begin a recruitment process until this re-organisation question is finally decided,” Mr Robertson said.
“This may be done by Christmas or take until mid-2015. It makes no sense to try to recruit for this important position when there is a possibility that there would not be a job.
“We are fortunate to have a person with the experience and skills of Dr Jill McPherson to fill this position in the meantime. Dr McPherson has been in the senior management team at the Council for more than two years.”
Dr McPherson will take over a council still badly affected by a sewerage scheme funding mess that is still not resolved.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Stack to the future: new tech centre marks major NZ data tech play
- Businesses say they can't afford to replace outdated equipment
- Vodafone reports landline gains, more profitable mobile mix for NZ operation
- Xero is beating Sage’s mainstream product in Britain: Drury
- Good news and bad news for Sky TV in Netflix' horror result
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the China-NZ trade dispute that wasn’t
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe