UPDATE: TVNZ spokeswoman Georgie Hills confimed to NBR ONLINE: "The consultation process has been completed and the upshot of that is that Close Up will finish on November 30."
The official consultation period over Close Up's future appears to have closed.
TVNZ is advertising for four positions for a new 7pm news and current affairs show.
One ad is for the executive producer position. It describes a show that sounds similar to its predecessor: "Launching in early 2013, the programme will break stories, have first-class content produced by compelling storytellers, with the best talent, packaged in a way that really grabs and keeps attention."
Close Up's executive producer is Graeme Muir. A TVNZ spokeswoman would not comment on whether he would apply for the position on the new show.
Two "creative producer" positions are also advertised, which possibly offer some insight into the Close-up replacement.
The successful applicants "Skilled at using alternative sources to find content – Twitter, YouTube, overseas sources. Experience in television would be a bonus."
The state broadcaster is also looking for a talent booker for the new 7pm show (see all four jobs ads here).
TVNZ did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Christchurch Chamber of Commerce CEO Peter Townsend on workers re-entering the city's CBD
- Morningstar's David Mueller on JB Hi-Fi's latest New Zealand revenue
- Rob Hosking discusses what John Key needs to do to shut down critics
- MYOB's CEO Tim Reed and executive James Scollay talk about growth and competition
- Nevil Gibson discusses Amazon's expansion into bookstores in his latest Editor's Insight