Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
David Bain has been found not guilty of the murder of his family - his mother Margaret, father Robin, brother Stephen, 14 and two sisters Arawa, 19, and Laniet, 18 – in 1994.
Mr Bain was found guilty of their deaths in 1995 but these convictions were quashed by the Privy Council in 2007. As a result he had faced a retrial for the murders.
The jurors came back at 4.30pm at the High Court at Christchurch this afternoon with the not guilty verdict. The jury had sat through 54 days of evidence and heard from 184 witnesses during this time.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'Business PAYE' on cards as McClay promises tax overhaul
- 2015 Rugby World Cup: Sky TV to screen every All Blacks game free-to-air on Prime
- Albany Heights’ creditor claims swell as liquidators take action
- A2 Milk debuts on ASX, announces mid-April US launch
- Xero rival MYOB files for IPO, valuing company at $A2.34-2.69b