Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
David Bain has been found not guilty of the murder of his family - his mother Margaret, father Robin, brother Stephen, 14 and two sisters Arawa, 19, and Laniet, 18 – in 1994.
Mr Bain was found guilty of their deaths in 1995 but these convictions were quashed by the Privy Council in 2007. As a result he had faced a retrial for the murders.
The jurors came back at 4.30pm at the High Court at Christchurch this afternoon with the not guilty verdict. The jury had sat through 54 days of evidence and heard from 184 witnesses during this time.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Treasury at odds with Reserve Bank over CGT
- HBO sends cut-off threat to NZ, Aussie HBO NOW users
- Public doesn’t need to know when our soldiers will head to Iraq - NZDF Chief
- Peter Jackson, Kim Dotcom, Cliff Curtis feature in latest batch of leaked Sony emails
- Maori left out of water debate for far too long – Te Ururoa Flavell