As list MP David Carter was elected Parliament's Speaker this afternoon, Labour's feeble nomination of Trevor Mallard takes the biscuit as an exercise in pointless political stupidity.
It speaks volumes for David Shearer's petulant inability to give up head-banging brick walls.
And here's the joke - Labour admits there would be very little show of Mr Mallard's nomination succeeding.
They were right - Mr Mallard tweeted his loss early.
Mr Shearer says it is a "point of principle."
Mr Shearer says Mr Carter saw him yesterday about the nomination but he feels it is too late.
On Tuesday Mr Shearer criticised National’s choice saying his party was not consulted.
Mr Carter had already discussed the nomination with the Green Party at the request of its leaders.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Trade minister's blanket TPP OIA refusal had 'no lawful basis'
- Full text of TPP's IP chapter posted to Wikileaks
- Heartland trumps Turners in bid for MTF cornerstone stake
- 'Dangerous game' to stare down banking syndicate, warns Silver Fern chairman as shareholder vote looms
- John Key trumps Islamic State in PR battle