Auckland caterer Dawsons has restored dining and bar facilities to one of the city’s landmarks, the Metropolis, which incorporates the historic Magistrates’ Court building.
The Judge’s Lounge and Jury’s Dining Room are now event spaces, along with the Counsel’s meeting rooms for business gatherings.
Located on the corner of Kitchener St and Courthouse Lane, and overlooking Albert Park, the former Magistrates restaurant has laid dormant for the past few years.
Dawsons owner Grahame Dawson says it’s a “perfect addition” to the company’s other event locations, The Kelliher Estate on Puketutu Island in Manukau Harbour, and the Pah Homestead in Monte Cecilia Park, Mt Roskill.
“With its central location, incredible view and easy parking, it was obvious to us that [Magistrates] should be opened again as an event venue,” he says.
Mr Dawson says it is suitable for cocktail parties, fashion shows, weddings and meetings.
The dining area has seating for up to 100 and the bar has a capacity of 150.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was: Has everyone gone tax mad?
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport