Auckland caterer Dawsons has restored dining and bar facilities to one of the city’s landmarks, the Metropolis, which incorporates the historic Magistrates’ Court building.
The Judge’s Lounge and Jury’s Dining Room are now event spaces, along with the Counsel’s meeting rooms for business gatherings.
Located on the corner of Kitchener St and Courthouse Lane, and overlooking Albert Park, the former Magistrates restaurant has laid dormant for the past few years.
Dawsons owner Grahame Dawson says it’s a “perfect addition” to the company’s other event locations, The Kelliher Estate on Puketutu Island in Manukau Harbour, and the Pah Homestead in Monte Cecilia Park, Mt Roskill.
“With its central location, incredible view and easy parking, it was obvious to us that [Magistrates] should be opened again as an event venue,” he says.
Mr Dawson says it is suitable for cocktail parties, fashion shows, weddings and meetings.
The dining area has seating for up to 100 and the bar has a capacity of 150.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Joyce associates openly talking about leadership change
- Parent, widow of Pike River casualties fail to force review of decision to drop charges against Whittall
- Dairy industry must learn to share its toys or get put in the naughty corner
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares rise on A2 bounce back; Tower, Genesis attract investors
- Veritas does it the hard way
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’