Consolidation in the wine-making industry is continuing with Delegat's Group paying $8.5 million for the vineyard and winery assets of Matariki Wines and Stony Bay Wines, which are in receivership.
The deal allows the listed owner of the Oyster Bay wine brand to increase its vineyard holdings in Hawke's Bay by 61ha to 500ha.
"The acquisition of this property now means Delegat's owns 20 percent of the prime Gimblett Gravels appellation," managing director Jim Delegat said.
The vineyard purchased is planted with merlot, cabernet sauvignon and syrah, and the winery has a processing capacity of 600 tonnes.
During the last six months, Delegat's has also bought two properties in Marlborough – a 121ha vineyard in the Wairua Valley and 91ha of bare land in the Awatere Valley.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Housing NZ directors get 63% pay hike
- Chief Justice Elias and hubby Fletcher hit with wet bus ticket over stock in lake
- PayPal ‘on shaky ground’ as it pulls service from second Netflix unblocker popular with Kiwis
- Gareth Morgan wades into Awaroa beach
- Wynyard signs $2.8m three-year deal with state policing agency
Most listened to
- Green party co-leader James Shaw and Business NZ's John Carnegie go head-to-head on the ETS review
- Cream Trading CEO Kevin O'Sullivan on why dairy companies might want to sign up to the new trading platform
- Paul Brislen on the merits of "cutting off the money" versus Netflix' technical attempts to shut-out unblockers
- Westpac's Dominick Stephens says dairy prices are still a major concern, despite El Niño fears fading
- London School of Economics Professor John Kay discusses financial regulatory shortcomings