Consolidation in the wine-making industry is continuing with Delegat's Group paying $8.5 million for the vineyard and winery assets of Matariki Wines and Stony Bay Wines, which are in receivership.
The deal allows the listed owner of the Oyster Bay wine brand to increase its vineyard holdings in Hawke's Bay by 61ha to 500ha.
"The acquisition of this property now means Delegat's owns 20 percent of the prime Gimblett Gravels appellation," managing director Jim Delegat said.
The vineyard purchased is planted with merlot, cabernet sauvignon and syrah, and the winery has a processing capacity of 600 tonnes.
During the last six months, Delegat's has also bought two properties in Marlborough – a 121ha vineyard in the Wairua Valley and 91ha of bare land in the Awatere Valley.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- “The sky’s the limit”: Sam Snead on the appreciation of single malt whiskies