Winemaker Delegat’s Group (DLG) have kept profits steady despite a strong dollar and a slump in European sales.
In six-monthly reports to December filed to the NZX, Delegat’s reported net profit after tax of $17.4 million, slightly up on the same period a year prior ($17.1 million).
The results came despite a strong dollar and a sales slump in Delegat’s largest market, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Europe.
Delegat's said the high dollar effectively cost $2.4 million compared to the same period a year earlier.
Sales revenue declined 10%, to $119 million from $131.7 million, after exports to Europe dropped 24%. The decline in Europe was partly offset by a 17% increase in the number of cases sold in North America.
Delegat's said the result left it on track to full-year profit targets of between $20.5 million and $24 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Joyce associates openly talking about leadership change
- Parent, widow of Pike River casualties fail to force review of decision to drop charges against Whittall
- Dairy industry must learn to share its toys or get put in the naughty corner
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares rise on A2 bounce back; Tower, Genesis attract investors
- Veritas does it the hard way
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’