Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Winemaker Delegat’s Group (DLG) have kept profits steady despite a strong dollar and a slump in European sales.
In six-monthly reports to December filed to the NZX, Delegat’s reported net profit after tax of $17.4 million, slightly up on the same period a year prior ($17.1 million).
The results came despite a strong dollar and a sales slump in Delegat’s largest market, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Europe.
Delegat's said the high dollar effectively cost $2.4 million compared to the same period a year earlier.
Sales revenue declined 10%, to $119 million from $131.7 million, after exports to Europe dropped 24%. The decline in Europe was partly offset by a 17% increase in the number of cases sold in North America.
Delegat's said the result left it on track to full-year profit targets of between $20.5 million and $24 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- Diligent to launch new product, profit climbs
- Northland by-election: Winston's destructive play
- VMob signs voucher deal with Australian 7-Eleven chain
- A rise in the minimum wage is 'nutty' says EMA boss