High Court Justice Judith Potter has ordered the Official Asignee to release $60,000 a month for Kim Dotcom's living expenses.
The funds consist of $20,000 a month derived from the interest on $10 million in New Zealand government bonds owned by Mr Dotcom, and the balance in $40,000-a-month installments from a now-unfrozen $301,758 bank account.
The alleged internet pirate has also been given use of a 2011 Mercedes Benz G55AMG, one of nine Mercedes in his fleet seized by the Crown.
$9000 a month for van der Kolk
The Official Assignee will also release $9166 a month in living expenses for co-accused Bram van der Kolk.
Mr van der Kolk was earlier granted the use of his seized vehicle, a 2005 model Mercedes.
Funds previously released
On February 29, Mr Dotcom and his wife Mona were given access to $33,000 in frozen funds for a three week period, which ended yesterday (21,000 was for living expenses over the three weeks, the balance for medical expenses for Mrs Dotcom, who is pregnant).
The February decision also saw the release of $74,000 from a trust account to be pay creditors of Mr Dotcom's Megastuff company, owed $550,000. The money was to be released on the condition it was paid into a trust account of law firm Simpson Grierson.
Justice Potter also granted Mrs Dotcom access to one of the couple's vehicles, 2010 Toyota Vellfire people-mover, estimated to be worth $75,000.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “Trevor Mallard better watch out” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide on government spending
- Michael Coote thinks Donald Trump wants to flex his muscles by humiliatingly screwing over other countries