Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
An Auckland High Court judgment has allowed Kim Dotcom $6 million from a seized government bond to pay his lawyers and cover the costs of his lavish lifestyle.
Justice Judith Potter has allowed Mr Dotcom access to $3.6 million for his legal costs, $123,000 for his wife's legal costs and $1 million for rent due on his Coatesville mansion.
The money will come from a $10 million government bond which was seized by police.
Mr Dotcom's lawyers had not yet been paid for numerous court appearances since he was arrested on copyright charges in January.
The judgment also allows Mr Dotcom to sell some of his prized cars, including a 2009 Mercedes E500 and a 2008 Rolls Royce Coupe.
RAW DATA: Read the judgment (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change
- Crying wolf as climate change takes a ‘hiatus’
- Judith Collins backs 'great leader' Helen Clark for top UN job
- The Moxie Sessions: Will the last person out of Ohura please turn out the lights (but for the love of God don’t unplug the navigation beacon)