An Auckland High Court judgment has allowed Kim Dotcom $6 million from a seized government bond to pay his lawyers and cover the costs of his lavish lifestyle.
Justice Judith Potter has allowed Mr Dotcom access to $3.6 million for his legal costs, $123,000 for his wife's legal costs and $1 million for rent due on his Coatesville mansion.
The money will come from a $10 million government bond which was seized by police.
Mr Dotcom's lawyers had not yet been paid for numerous court appearances since he was arrested on copyright charges in January.
The judgment also allows Mr Dotcom to sell some of his prized cars, including a 2009 Mercedes E500 and a 2008 Rolls Royce Coupe.
RAW DATA: Read the judgment (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NBR Rich List 2015: The Newcomers
- NBR Rich List 2015: Wealth creators shine brightly amid economic prosperity
- The curious case of Peter Scutts, $1000-a-day contractors irk Fonterra staff, TPP would be a NZ triumph
- Clear plan in place as Moa board ruffles its feathers
- Many buildings unlawfully designated earthquake-prone: EBSS