Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Kim Dotcom has posted a video of his Mega launch event speech (above) to his YouTube channel, plus a full-length version of the clip (second video; see NBR questions during the Q&A 47 minutes in).
It ends with a mock raid raid on his mansion, where the event was held.
In keeping with his trademark style, Dotcom mixed cheesy showmanship with some cutting points about new media.
So far, a Mega-poor experience
During the speech, he claims 500,000 sign-ups during Mega's first 14 hours.
Since then, he has not updated on numbers, but via Twitter has apologised for 'poor quality service' as the site struggles with load. Bug fixes were also being implemented.
Yesterday, Mega chief technology officer Mathias Ortmann told NBR ONLINE, "The number of users signing up is exceeding all expectations, and our server infrastructure is constantly on the verge of collapsing. We are in the process of adding more capacity and hope to resolve most bottlenecks before the weekend."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Senator's letters reveal pressure on MasterCard, Visa to stop processing payments for Mega
- Andrew Little chooses Jihadi John
- Absolutely positively zombie: have reports of Wellington’s demise been exaggerated?
- NZ could reap $190M/year benefit becoming first nation to allow beyond-line-of-sight drones
- Apartment conversions squeeze office vacancy levels