Handbags at dawn!
A feud between media veteran Brian Edwards and 3News political editor Duncan Garner has escalated today.
On Friday, Dr Edwards used his blog to bring up an 11-month old accusation that the TV3 reporter got into an argument with big-spending Labour MP Chris Carter in the Auckland Koru lounge.
The verbal stoush escalated after both men boarded, by Dr Edwards account.
The Fair Go founder wrote on his blog:
Carter had already taken his seat on the plane when Garner, who had boarded later, stopped next to him, jabbed his finger into Carter’s chest and said loudly, ‘I am going to f---king get you, Carter. If it takes me to Christmas I am going to f---king destroy you.’
Today, in his second comment on the post, Mr Garner wrote on Mr Edwards’ blog:
I ’swear’ I did not say to Chris; “I am going to f---king get you, if it takes me to Christmas I am going to destroy you.”
And I certainly did not touch Carter - that’s not my style. If I touched Carter why doesn’t he lay an assault charge? Because it simply did not happen.
Mr Garner says Labour’s Darren Hughes was also on the flight, and has challenged the ginga MP to contradict his version of events.
Dr Edwards implies he has his own witness: Dame Margaret Bazley, who was sitting behind Mr Carter.
For good measure, Dr Edwards has said that the TV3 journalist is not qualified to do his job.
In return, Mr Garner offers that Dr Edwards is “increasingly unemployed. Why is Labour now using other ‘media trainers’ and not you?”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- No chief of staff leaves one year before an election, says Matthew Hooton
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- NZForex's Alex Hill says the market will be paying more attention to data, than comments from officials
- Timely chief executive Ryan Baker on making an unfashionable profit
- NZ King Salmon CEO Grant Rosewarne on his company's float plans