Ebos Group is progressing acquisition opportunities after indicating to shareholders last year that it was looking to follow up the successful purchase of Masterpet.
Market observers have identified SVS, New Zealand's leading full service provider of products to the veterinary industry, as a nice fit.
Ebos chief executive Mark Waller told BusinessDesk that Ebos had talked to SVS in the past but had not spoken to them for a while.
"They are privately owned and one of the brothers had bought it off the other one and wasn't ready to talk about selling," he says.
The supplier of medicines, consumables, equipment and instruments as well as animal feed to vets was founded by Basil Elstob in 1987.
It grew from a small base in Christchurch to a nationwide business.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in Kiwisaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert
- Hunter’s Corner: Time for a line in the copyright sand