Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Ebos Group is progressing acquisition opportunities after indicating to shareholders last year that it was looking to follow up the successful purchase of Masterpet.
Market observers have identified SVS, New Zealand's leading full service provider of products to the veterinary industry, as a nice fit.
Ebos chief executive Mark Waller told BusinessDesk that Ebos had talked to SVS in the past but had not spoken to them for a while.
"They are privately owned and one of the brothers had bought it off the other one and wasn't ready to talk about selling," he says.
The supplier of medicines, consumables, equipment and instruments as well as animal feed to vets was founded by Basil Elstob in 1987.
It grew from a small base in Christchurch to a nationwide business.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OIO judges Dotcom ‘good character’ – despite hacking, insider trading, reckless driving
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews a British foreign fighter
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- Orion CFO Rodney Hyde to leave after company reports earnings in May
- BOTW: Hawkesby-owned logistics company gears up for IPO