Ebos Group is progressing acquisition opportunities after indicating to shareholders last year that it was looking to follow up the successful purchase of Masterpet.
Market observers have identified SVS, New Zealand's leading full service provider of products to the veterinary industry, as a nice fit.
Ebos chief executive Mark Waller told BusinessDesk that Ebos had talked to SVS in the past but had not spoken to them for a while.
"They are privately owned and one of the brothers had bought it off the other one and wasn't ready to talk about selling," he says.
The supplier of medicines, consumables, equipment and instruments as well as animal feed to vets was founded by Basil Elstob in 1987.
It grew from a small base in Christchurch to a nationwide business.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Realestate.co.nz's Vanessa Taylor on how falling supply means it's a sellers market
- Phil Twyford says something is "terribly wrong" with the government's consultancy spend
- IS could be under severe pressure and EU/Russia likely to reconfirm sanctions on Foreign Affairs Scope
- Xero’s Anna Curzon says Paymark’s latest app will be “infectious”
- Labour Party leader Andrew Little on the Labour/Green pact