Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Finance Minister Bill English has appointed former Bell Gully partner Jonathan Ross and US-based venture capitalist Bridget Liddell to the board of the Reserve Bank.
Mr Ross joins the board today, replacing academic Chris Eichbaum, whose five-year tenure ended on July 31.
Ms Liddell (ex-wife of former Microsoft and GM CEO Chris Liddell) will join the board from October, replacing outgoing chairman Arthur Grimes. Rod Carr was elected chair by the board last month.
Reserve Bank directors are appointed by the finance minister for five-year terms. The board then elect the chair and deputy for one-year terms.
The board monitors the performance of the governor and is tasked with assessing whether the quarterly monetary policy statements meet the government's policy target agreements. It also monitors the six-monthly financial stability reports.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Craig Norgate, former Fonterra CEO, dies in UK
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares rise after selloff; Summerset gains on guidance
- On the tragic deaths of a mother and three children – a dissenting view
- Hooper quits Herald gossip gig after 'callous comment' criticism
- Old council HQ in line for a multi-million dollar conversion