Auckland-based Russell McVeagh partner Sarah Katz has been appointed a High Court judge.
She told NBR ONLINE she is "naturally" excited about her appointment.
Ms Katz specialised in complex commercial litigation.
According to Russell McVeagh's website, she has acted for some of the country's leading corporates as well as multinational clients who have become involved in disputes with a New Zealand focus or connection.
She is not related to Queen's counsel John Katz.
Court of Appeal Justice Susan Glazebrook has been appointed to the Supreme Court.
Attorney-General Chris Finlayson appointed Ms Katz today, as well as promoting two judges.
Justice Glazebrook has worked in the Court of Appeal for 10 years.
Before becoming a High Court judge in 2000, she was a partner at Simpson Grierson.
High Court judge Christine French goes to the Court of Appeal.
All three appointments take effect from August 6.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Mark Weldon couldn't hack the pressure, says Bill Ralston
- TEU’s Sandra Grey and NZ Initiative's Oliver Hartwich on whether the UoA should be a funder or member of the NZ Initiative
- Capital Economics's Paul Dales says the RBA and the RBNZ are in very similar positions
- ANZ Bank CEO David Hisco on the forces behind his bank's profit and margin slide
- Houzz's Jason Chuck says there was plenty of demand in New Zealand for Houzz