Auckland-based Russell McVeagh partner Sarah Katz has been appointed a High Court judge.
She told NBR ONLINE she is "naturally" excited about her appointment.
Ms Katz specialised in complex commercial litigation.
According to Russell McVeagh's website, she has acted for some of the country's leading corporates as well as multinational clients who have become involved in disputes with a New Zealand focus or connection.
She is not related to Queen's counsel John Katz.
Court of Appeal Justice Susan Glazebrook has been appointed to the Supreme Court.
Attorney-General Chris Finlayson appointed Ms Katz today, as well as promoting two judges.
Justice Glazebrook has worked in the Court of Appeal for 10 years.
Before becoming a High Court judge in 2000, she was a partner at Simpson Grierson.
High Court judge Christine French goes to the Court of Appeal.
All three appointments take effect from August 6.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tony Gibson looks at the opportunities for Ports of Auckland’s new multi-million dollar freight hub
- ASB Bank's CEO Barbara Chapman discusses the mortgage and dairy lending markets
- Green party co-leader James Shaw and Business NZ manager of energy and environment John Carnegie discuss the ETS review - part 2
- Nevil Gibson breaks down the New Hampshire primary result's in his latest Editor's Insight
- Green party co-leader James Shaw and Business NZ's John Carnegie go head-to-head on the ETS review - part 1