Advance voting for the November 26 election begins today for those who can't make it to a polling station in their electorate on election day.
“If you’re unable to get to a polling place on election day, because you’re on holiday, working, in hospital or for any other reason, voting in advance is the easiest way to have your say," Chief electoral officer, Robert Peden says.
There are over 250 advance voting places around the country, including ‘mobile’ advance voting facilities in Christchurch. There is also a polling station set up at Scott Base, Antarctica.
Advance voting closes on November 25. More information is at www.elections.org.nz.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Partners Life founder Naomi Ballantyne tells NBR Radio what Blackstone's investment means for the company's IPO plan
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson sees parallels with economic events today
- Capital Economics' Paul Dales is picking the OCR to drop below 2% before the end of the year, on Currency Talk
- Paul Brislen decodes the latest study on cellphones and cancer
- The Greens' Julie Anne Genter hits back at Taxpayer Union attack on transport policy