Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Fisher and Paykel Healthcare workers have rejected their employer’s latest collective agreement offer but have committed to take part in more talks next week.
900 Fisher and Paykel Healthcare production, maintenance and distribution workers rejected the company’s offer following a series of ratification meetings held at the plant all day yesterday.
EPMU organising director Rachel Mackintosh said, “We are moving in the right direction but we are not there yet."
The unions and the employer will now take a few days to consider the results of yesterday’s meetings and recommence negotiations this Monday, September 26.
There will be no industrial action in the meantime.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZ can afford the future cost of superannuation — English
- Flying sheep endanger McCully
- The Moxie Sessions: I don’t want your money, honey, I want your block chain database
- BUDGET 2015: Robertson says Labour will reverse key policies
- BUDGET 2015: How will tax on capital gain impact housing market? English unsure