Mark Binns is Meridian Energy’s new chief executive. He will replace Tim Lusk.
Mr Binns is the chief executive of Fletcher Building’s largest division – infrastructure.
He has been with Fletcher Building and its predecessor, Fletcher Challenge Limited, for 22 years. During this period he was responsible for operations in Australia, Asia, South America, USA and the South Pacific, as well as New Zealand.
He has been integrally involved in some of New Zealand's largest infrastructure projects, including Waterview, Eden Park, Sky City, Te Papa and the Manapouri tunnel. A qualified lawyer, Mr Binns also previously worked as a Simpson Grierson partner.
Mr Binns will be based in Wellington. and the date on which he will take up his new position will be announced as soon as it is finalised.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was: Has everyone gone tax mad?
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport