Mark Binns is Meridian Energy’s new chief executive. He will replace Tim Lusk.
Mr Binns is the chief executive of Fletcher Building’s largest division – infrastructure.
He has been with Fletcher Building and its predecessor, Fletcher Challenge Limited, for 22 years. During this period he was responsible for operations in Australia, Asia, South America, USA and the South Pacific, as well as New Zealand.
He has been integrally involved in some of New Zealand's largest infrastructure projects, including Waterview, Eden Park, Sky City, Te Papa and the Manapouri tunnel. A qualified lawyer, Mr Binns also previously worked as a Simpson Grierson partner.
Mr Binns will be based in Wellington. and the date on which he will take up his new position will be announced as soon as it is finalised.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Warminger wants FMA's 'catch-all pleading' refined
- Wynyard says it has nothing to disclose after NZX queries 21% price slump
- LinkedIn too slow, too vague after hackers put logons up for sale – and you could still be at risk
- Silver Fern shareholders to vote again on Shanghai Maling deal in July
- Privacy Commissioner says LinkedIn's communication over data breach 'poor'
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Cameron Officer talks about the car of the week - Volkswagen California Ocean