BUSINESSDESK: Fletcher Building, the largest construction company on the NZX, has sold the metals distribution businesses it acquired when it bought Crane Group last year for about $70 million.
Fletcher said it had sold Austral Wright Metals and Mico Metals to AW Distribution and Wakefield Metals respectively.
AWM and Mico Metals are importers and distributors of a range of non-ferrous metals in Australia and New Zealand.
The buyers have a number of other metal distribution businesses in Australasia and the investors have a long history in metal distribution in the UK and Europe, it said.
Fletcher stock last traded at $5.81 and has declined 4.4% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- ‘We’re failing to consider these people are entitled to due process’ – Damien Grant on state’s ‘pernicious’ assets seizures
- Vector CEO Simon Mackenzie on what’s wrong with the transmission price review
- Paul Goldsmith says it’s hard to argue against stronger rules for the insolvency industry
- ASB's Nathan Penny says milk prices will continue to lift, following today's 50c increase to Fonterra's milk price forecast
- Methven's David Banfield talks market share and profitability