BUSINESSDESK: Fletcher Building, the largest construction company on the NZX, has sold the metals distribution businesses it acquired when it bought Crane Group last year for about $70 million.
Fletcher said it had sold Austral Wright Metals and Mico Metals to AW Distribution and Wakefield Metals respectively.
AWM and Mico Metals are importers and distributors of a range of non-ferrous metals in Australia and New Zealand.
The buyers have a number of other metal distribution businesses in Australasia and the investors have a long history in metal distribution in the UK and Europe, it said.
Fletcher stock last traded at $5.81 and has declined 4.4% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Christchurch Chamber of Commerce CEO Peter Townsend on workers re-entering the city's CBD
- Morningstar's David Mueller on JB Hi-Fi's latest New Zealand revenue
- Rob Hosking discusses what John Key needs to do to shut down critics
- MYOB's CEO Tim Reed and executive James Scollay talk about growth and competition
- Nevil Gibson discusses Amazon's expansion into bookstores in his latest Editor's Insight