Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
BUSINESSDESK: Fletcher Building, the largest construction company on the NZX, has sold the metals distribution businesses it acquired when it bought Crane Group last year for about $70 million.
Fletcher said it had sold Austral Wright Metals and Mico Metals to AW Distribution and Wakefield Metals respectively.
AWM and Mico Metals are importers and distributors of a range of non-ferrous metals in Australia and New Zealand.
The buyers have a number of other metal distribution businesses in Australasia and the investors have a long history in metal distribution in the UK and Europe, it said.
Fletcher stock last traded at $5.81 and has declined 4.4% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Sir Ralph Norris to step down from Fonterra board in November
- Bob Jones ejected from Air NZ flight as fellow passengers applaud
- Financial forecast error plants doubt in potential investors' minds
- Westland Milk affirms 2015 payout, sees increase to $5.60-$6 for 2016
- Lowest wool clip in 6 years as farmers favour meat breeds, sheep flock declines