Fonterra's preferred site for a new global headquarters is on Fanshawe St, opposite Victoria Park, in central Auckland.
A press statement from the dairy giant says a joint venture between Goodman Group and Fletcher Buildling will develop the site, enabling Fonterra to bring its employees from several locations into one.
Goodman Group will own the building and Fonterra will take a long-term lease.
The dairy giant's lease on its Princes St headquarters expires in July 2016.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NBR Radio head-to-head: Fed Farmers and SAFE on abused bobby calves
- First-half profit fall for newly NXT-listed G3
- Christchurch's City Care arm on the block
- NZ dollar little changed as RBA review looms, local business confidence improves
- Fonterra strikes deal with Bellamy's to make organic infant formula
Most listened to
- Who are the winners and losers in Labour's re-shuffle? Rob Hosking explains
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves
- Full Flavour managing director Jesse Archer says Ultra Fast Fibre gave him the "two fingered salute"
- Sally Lindsay and Chris Hutching talk about the latest in property news in Property Talk
- Keep Our Assets Murray Horton on Christchurch Council asset sales