Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Ad Words can be bought directly from Google. The resellers offer hand-holding through the process of setting up a campaign, and buying the right key words (as well as pushing listings on their own directory sites).
Gopher’s cheapest option is a $750, three-month Google Ad Words campaign involving 25 keywords.
Google NZ country manager Tony Keusgen told NBR the company’s local office, in Auckland, has tripled to 12 staff over the past year.
Mr Keusgen said Google NZ staff were concentrating on larger advertisers and agencies, while partners Yellow, Localist and now Gopher are handling small to medium business.
The country manager said 43% of media is consumed online, but the medium captures only 15.1% of total ad spending.
Mr Keusgen said a "white coat" approach to marketing would help close the gap. For example, when a small business bought a Google Ad Word, it could be associated with a click-to-call phone number and other metrics for measuring response.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- A rise in the minimum wage is 'nutty' says EMA boss
- Samsung previews the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge: my top-five takeaways
- Northland by-election: Winston's destructive play
- PayPal stops processing Mega payments; NZX listing still on