Google's latest extenstion for its Chrome Web browsers is virtual tour of the Milky Way Galaxy.
After you've watched the tour, there's limited interactivity. You can zoom in and out of a basic 3D model that maps the actual positions of the nearest 100,000 stars to Earth.
If you use Chrome as your web browser you can check it out here.
Otherwise, here's a video:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter talks about his latest column on Veritas Investments
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’
- Tech commentator Paul Brislen discusses the Concept Envirochip ad
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- Jason Walls breaks down the week's biggest news in macroeconomics
- Tech commentator Ian Apperley on the dangers of governments cracking down on encryption