Google is back online after a massive outage that took out services from its home page to Gmail in the US, China and Australia. [UPDATE: Google has now issued an explanation.]
The outage - which quickly became known as #googlefail - as Twitter users relayed the news - lasted from about to about 2.45am to 4.20am NZ time this morning - or 10:45am to about 12:20pm EDT in the US, smack in the middle of people’s internet day.
With its own site down for many users, and very slow for others, Google used its corporate Twitter account to relay service updates.
During February Google extended Google Apps’ users 12-month licenses with 15 bonus days after an outage violated the company’s new uptime guarantee.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- ‘We’re failing to consider these people are entitled to due process’ – Damien Grant on state’s ‘pernicious’ assets seizures
- Vector CEO Simon Mackenzie on what’s wrong with the transmission price review
- Paul Goldsmith says it’s hard to argue against stronger rules for the insolvency industry
- ASB's Nathan Penny says milk prices will continue to lift, following today's 50c increase to Fonterra's milk price forecast
- Methven's David Banfield talks market share and profitability