Google is back online after a massive outage that took out services from its home page to Gmail in the US, China and Australia. [UPDATE: Google has now issued an explanation.]
The outage - which quickly became known as #googlefail - as Twitter users relayed the news - lasted from about to about 2.45am to 4.20am NZ time this morning - or 10:45am to about 12:20pm EDT in the US, smack in the middle of people’s internet day.
With its own site down for many users, and very slow for others, Google used its corporate Twitter account to relay service updates.
During February Google extended Google Apps’ users 12-month licenses with 15 bonus days after an outage violated the company’s new uptime guarantee.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Sometimes controversial property boss leaves Ngai Tahu
- Bob Parker takes over reins of stymied development site
- Christchurch officials declare 18,000 properties at threat from sea rise
- Kim Dotcom turns on Mega – and CEO responds to savaging
- Super Fund portfolio manager leaves after five months in the job